Friday 21 February 2014

Go On... Try Something New!

This week has been a week for trying something new (accidentally).

For the first time, I got my eyebrows threaded. A very scary ordeal in which I was told off for the usual "over-plucking" and "mishaping" of my former bushy brows. The lady was correct; however, in my defence, I've always been told "eyebrows are sisters, not twins" which used to reassure me that my slightly unsymmetrical arched brows were acceptable, but apparently not anymore. That being said, I'm really happy with the results and would highly recommend anyone enduring the walk to your car looking slightly silly with 2 red raw eyebrows to get the finished look! (They calm down in no time, honest!!).

Another first for me this week happened on a very hungover Saturday morning. The manfriend and I were looking for a good fry up to take the edge off our hangover and decided a trip to Breads Etcetera in Clapham would suffice. Bread (and carbs in general) always has and always will make me happy, so needless to say it was a winner. Although I tried to not take many pictures in the place through fear of looking like a complete tourist, I did manage a snap of my food (obviously). 

Yes that egg is sunken into the bread... amazing or what!
Breads Etcetera itself is so cute! Each table has a toaster on it and there's a DIY bread station where everyone helps themselves to any type of bread they fancy, with butter and all the spreads you can imagine. Then you sit back in the comfort of your own seat and toast away! I almost forgot to mention you also get to watch them make the bread whilst you're having your fry up which is always a nice little touch. 

But anyway, enough of my ramble, if you like the sound of it, I've copied in Time Out's write up and info for you to have a look at.

My last experimental first this week was a spinning class. I used to go spinning a lot while I was at Uni because it was so much easier (and less daunting) going with friends. Not to mention having someone there to share your saddle agony with (those of you who have tried spinning will be all to familiar with this pain). So yes, although not a complete first, I plucked up the courage and went on my own. Unsurprisingly, everything was fine and I enjoyed myself whilst burning a good few hundreds of calories in the process. 

As a bit of a gym fiend, I was treated to a few things for my birthday in December. I would say "the gear" is half the battle for me to feel gym ready! There's been too many times I make excuses not to go because I've "forgotten" to bring something. If you fancy trying out an exercise class on your own, or just going to the gym, below is some recommended items to make you suitability blend in while working up a sweat.

Nike Top and Trainers, Primark Gym Leggings & Socks and Filter Bottle, Small Towel, Sports Bra - Unknown
That's all for this week. I've got a few other posts up my sleeve for next week including another weekly fashion favourites post, a LFW get the look post, as well as some life blogging as the manfriend turns 30 this weekend!

Let me know if you manage any firsts!

Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment