Tuesday 14 January 2014

PSsst... This Week's Fashion Favourites

I decided to give you my favourites from the highstreet this week to give you some inspiration and a bit of an insight as to what's actually out there right now.

RIVER ISLAND

My River Island favourite this week has to be these navy tailored shorts. City shorts are set to make a big comeback and these are the perfect way to ease yourself into the trend. I really love tailoring and can already visualise an outfit using these as a good base point. 

River Island, £25

These would like amazing worn in a co-ord way (Click here for a co-ord option) or dressed up with some heels as an alternative to a skirt on a night out. 

ZARA

I really love this Zara top. I've been umming and ahhing over whether to buy it or not for myself but thought I'd share the love with you. This is more of an interest piece at £50 and it may not be at the top of everyone's wish list but, I was instantly attracted when browsing online the other day.

Zara £49.99
Zara is literally all blacks and navy, with a little bit of cream thrown in the mix at the moment. I buy a lot of black but this is unlike anything I have in my wardrobe at the moment.... ohhhh I might just have to get it.

TOPSHOP

Everyone seems to be going crazy for these drape front blouses at the moment and I'm absolutely loving this one in black! It's a really elegant blouse which has a range of wearing possibilities. I'm already picturing a simple necklace, jeans and my MK watch (going for an understated option). 


Topshop £36

(Looking up I can already see I'm being heavily influenced by the miserable weather here in the UK. For this last one I promise to choose some colour!)

ASOS

Some may argue ASOS technically isn't on the highstreet but it's still that price point so I'll count it. I was instantly drawn to this striped pencil skirt. I don't usually wear things this smart to the office but if you did, or had a nice event to go to, this is a perfect option (and no sign of black). This cobalt blue colour is also one of my favourites so it's nice to see it with the burnt orange colour rather than black for a change. I would be interested to see the fabric though so for me it's definitely one to buy and try. 

Overall, the highstreet does look quite dark right now (or that could just be my attraction to those dark colours on a dark cold winter's evening) but there are pops of colour if you look out for them. I'm definitely tempted to purchase a few of these myself... a danger of writing these type of posts each week!

Hope you're feeling a little inspired by these 4 picks for this week. There'll be another 'Fashion Favourites' post next week so if there's anything you've seen that's caught your eye over the week, be sure to leave a comment :)

Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment